Will I lose my credit card?
I can’t believe I just lost my credit card. I’m returning home today, back to the States. Mr. Lim from the hotel dropped me off after a drive through very heavy and crazy traffic. I had my credit card inside my passport, which I passed back and forth a few times while checking in. I lost it in the shuffle, but was able to cancel the card quickly. I couldn’t bear the thought of retracing my steps and asking if anyone had found it. I have two other cards, so it’s no problem.
Harder than losing my card was saying goodbye to Lucy this morning. I got choked up, but I think she will be able to navigate the next few weeks by herself. People in Cambodia are extremely polite and attentive. We had breakfast together and then parted ways. I’m still very sad but I have to get back home as my classes start in a few days.
Last night, to celebrate my birthday, I chose to get pizza. I was craving bread primarily, and thought that pizza would do the trick. The place was hard to find, alleyways ending in dead ends. We finally gave up and took a tuktuk. I just wanted some simple pizza, but we wound up at a gourmet pizza place, definitely a place for foreigners and rich locals. Lucy ordered pasta carbonara, and I foolishly ordered the spicy garlic shrimp pizza. The pizza crust was good, but needed more salt. The shrimp were unusually fishy, and my stomach only tolerated half the pizza. Our new friend, Mattias, joined us and came back to our hotel to chat in the sky bar. So, it was a good birthday overall.
I’m sitting at the gate, waiting for my flight to Hong Kong. From there is the interminable 16-hour flight to Dallas, Texas, where I have a ten-hour layover. I’ll spend the night in a hotel and get some rest. Lucy, come home safely, my dear.
Comments
Post a Comment